« Journaling . . . the cure for grief in motion. »
Journaling can help us express ourselves and free ourselves from
our pain. Here are some suggestions to help you:
* Have a quiet room and privacy.
* Plan to have enough time, plenty of paper, and pens or pencils.
* Light a candle or use mood music.
* Write a focusing statement such as: « I know my higher power
is with me as I write. »
* Hang a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door.
* Turn the phone ringer off.
* Use a notebook with a color that is appealing.
* Do not worry about grammar or punctuation. Let it flow.
* Keep your journal in a safe place.
* STOP when you’re overwhelmed and close the book.
* Write the word BREATHE at the top of every page.